Choosing an agent is one of the most important parts of the process. This decision will determine which path you take to sell your home. There are a few things to consider when selecting an agent:
- Don’t select an agent just because you are friends with them!
- Don’t select an agent just because they are your neighbor!
- Don’t select an agent because they promise to reduce their commission (If they are a full service agent you have to ask the questions…Are they going to do less work for me? And/or Do they not value their time and expertise?)
- Don’t select an agent because they tell you that your home is worth more than another agent!
- Do hire an agent that has a marketing plan to sell your house.
- Do hire an agent that has a track record of selling homes similar to yours.
- Do hire an agent that has a history of getting top dollar. (Ask agents what percentage of the asking price they get for their sellers on average and how does that stack up to the “average” agent in the area)
- Do hire an agent that supports the market value they are suggesting for you with comparable home sales that are truly comparable AND that have actually sold.
You should select the agent that you feel is the best for the job and that can have a variety of meanings. You want someone you will feel comfortable working with. At the moment, the average time on the market in Orlando is 76 days. Depending on your location it could take longer. This is someone you should be in constant communication with; so you should feel comfortable with them as a person. And you should also feel they have the market knowledge and a true marketing plan to sell your home effectively.
Don’t hire an agent just because they told you what you wanted to hear. Not all agents are alike, pricing a Downtown Orlando home or determining market value is an art not a science.
Bottom Line – Find someone that knows the market well and has a strategy to sell your home, then you can work on pricing it right with their guidance!
We would love to interview for the job to sell your Orlando home. Contact us today at 407-494-2820
Image Credit: Crazy parking Arrows by Roland Tanglao via Creative Commons