In fact, almost every year there is a slight up-tick in the number of homes sold in December. Right now, many Orlando home sellers are withdrawing their listings or deciding to wait until January to list. They are hesitating because of this Myth and the idea that it might be inconvenient to sell over the holidays. But that opens up great opportunities for the serious sellers and serious buyers out there!
Why Is there an increase in sales in December?
Well, there are many reasons that buyers try to close by the end of the year
- a variety of tax purposes
– being relocated from one place to another
– they want to move while kids are out of school on a holiday break
– lease expiring at the end of the year
– have some vacation time left and it’s a good time to move
So why List your Orlando Home Right NOW?
- Buyers who are moving in the holiday months are usually very motivated by the above reasons. And these serious buyers are looking for homes right now. It takes approximately 30-45 days to close a loan. Therefore, most buyers are searching for that special home starting now.
- Because many sellers think it is too inconvenient or have heard that it’s a bad time to sell; some are beginning to withdraw their listings and “take a break” from selling. That means less competition during the next few months. Less competition means a quicker sale and more negotiating power for the smart sellers!
So what are you waiting for? Take advantage of the opportunities this holiday season. Whether you are moving up, downsizing, or just trying to unload some investment property – this is the time! If your are interested in selling a home in Orlando give us a call at 407-494-2820 or contact us below.