Ok I love the holidays! I love how it gets dark early, how the cold air feels on my face, the Christmas lights and decorations, the shopping for friends, the cups of hot cocoa, the annual baking that I partake in, and even singing the carols! It is just a wondeful time of year to spend with family and friends. Even though we live in Florida and don’t have a long winter, this season has been beautiful thus far. The weather has been in the 40s and 50s at night and 60s and 70s during the day. There is one word for that in my book, PERFECT!
Along with the gorgeous weather comes lots of holiday fun around Orlando. In case you missed the Holiday Lights tree lighting ceremony, here are a few other events you won’t want to miss:
FOR THE TRADITIONAL HOLIDAY SPIRIT:
Holiday Stroll & Tree Lighting Ceremony in Winter Park Dec. 5th Starts at 5 pm
Holiday on the Drive in College Park Dec. 6th from 6-9pm
* The shops and restaurants will be open late and there will be live music, Horse and Carriage Rides, and of course Santa!
Orlando Christmas Parade Dec. 14th from 6-8 pm
* It’s at night this year and circles the beautiful Lake Eola Park.
FOR A CRAZY LITTLE HOLIDAY:
Orlando Holiday Brew Fest Dec. 5th from 6-10 pm
* Heritage Square on the corner of Central Blvd. and Magnolia
12 Bars of Christmas Pub Crawl Dec. 19th from 8 pm – you have had too many drinks!
* Stops at Wall St. and Church St. bars and MORE!
Beer Bomb Bike Tour Dec. 21st starts at 3 pm
* Starts at 903 Mills Market and stops at Stardust Lounge, Big Daddy’s, Redlight Redlight, Eola Wine Co., Red Star Lounge, and Colonial Lanes. Featured Beers at every stop.
**Dislaimer – I do not condone this event and in fact I am pretty sure it cannot be safe or legal!
Decide which kind of holiday you want to have and enjoy!!