If you’re considering purchasing a home in Orlando this summer, here are a few tips to consider!
1. Start now. If you want to close by August you should give us a call now 407-494-2820. It can take a little time to find the right fit, and then an additional 30-45 days to close once you’re under contract.
2. It’s hot outside! Florida weather is amazing, but it can get pretty hot during the summer months. It can be especially heated if you’re visiting a few vacant houses that have no utilities. If you’re home shopping all day be sure to bring water, keep the car AC running, and dress comfortably!
3. Avoid short sales. Short sales are not short. (See what a short sale is here) They can take an average of 3-6 months just to have a response from the seller’s mortgage servicer. At that rate you’ll be closing by the end of the year if they approve the sale at all. A topic for another time!
4. Join the club and have a strategy! Summer is a peak selling season in many parts of the country because people have time off from work or want to move while the kids are out of school. Keep this in mind when making an offer. You’re probably not the only one who wants the house. We can help guide you on a strong offer that will not be overlooked!
5. Be prepared. If you’re taking a summer vacation while under contract on a home, be prepared! Send in every piece of information your lender might need for a loan before you leave town. Be sure you will have access to internet and phone while you’re away. Also – just to be safe – make sure you have access to a printer and fax machine. We use electronic signatures, but not every agent does. If you aren’t working with us – then you might need access to a printer and fax machine. There are inevitably always little things that ave to be signed throughout the process.
Get started now by calling me at 497-494-2820 (ask for Kathryn)
Or fill out this simple form and I’ll get in touch shortly.