There is still time to sell your home or make a move before the end of the year! And why wait, there are tons of reasons why we should all say ‘tis the season to sell. Here are the top 6 reasons why you should not wait until 2016 to make your move.
- If you are a home seller, the number of listings will decline this holiday season. There has been a consecutive decline in the number of listings for sale for the last four months . When there is limited supply you have more leverage to get the terms you want.
- That brings me to number 2. If you wait to list your home until the new year…like everyone else…then you will be competing with all of those sellers in the new year.
- Interest rates are still amazing. If you are selling your home to buy another, there is no good reason to wait. The fed is expected to raise the rates as we head into the new year. Now, they have been saying that for a long time and maybe it won’t happen; but why would you risk it! It is inevitable that it will happen next year.
- The homes values have been on the rise for a while. It is unlikely we’ll see the same kind of gains in 2016 as we have in the last few years. So if you’re waiting because you think you’ll make more money in 2016; consider this, as interest rates increase, many buyers will be priced out of the market in the new year or move into a different price range. As this happens the demand for your home will decline.
- If you are like many of us, you may have time off of work this holiday season. If you have to pack and move, it is always easier if you are already off of work rather than having to take a vacation day to pack!
- And last but not least, the weather is nice this time of year! There is not a better time to be lugging boxes and furniture around than December.
Thinking of selling or want more insight into what 2016 may hold for our real estate market? Call or email me today. Kathryn@ThinkLiveBe.com 407-494-2820