Still have that holiday sweet tooth? Well before we all ring in the New Year and vow to cut back on our sweets take a quick visit to the East End Market and step on into Gideon’s bake shop.
Gideon’s Bake shop is a locally owned establishment that has an incredible story to dig into. Serving GIANT 1/2 lb cookies and decadent slices of cakes the idea of Gideon’s Bake shop was derived from a recipe book dated 1898.
With the idea of the book being a family cookbook that can help boost the baking inspiration the book was actually a diary written by a young boy named Gideon with hopes, dreams, and obvious blueprints to open a successful bakeshop that’ll in turn help his family out of poverty. Fast forward 100+ years and Audubon Park is home to a little boys dreams.
We’ve been named Best Cookie in Florida – Best in United States – Best on Planet Earth! True Story!
Things To Know About Your First Visit
- Have a strict limit of 6 Cookies without PREORDER. This allows us to get our cookies into more hands each day.
- Usually sell out daily and your largest selection of offerings will be available earlier in the day.
- Offer 6 Cookie flavors daily that are listed under the “AVAILABLE COOKIES” Section in our MENU.
- Cake Slice selections are random each day. We usually offer 2 to 3 cake flavors as slices daily.
- Whole Cakes are not available without a 72 hour PREORDER notice.
- We will post on our Social Media if we sell out before the final hour of the day. Coming in the final hour is always risky.
- Cookie Bites are currently only available on the weekends.
- Gift Certificates are available for $25 and up!
- accept cash, card, Apple Pay, Samsung Pay.
View more images on their website here!
Do you love where you live? #heartorlandohome